Monday, February 20, 2006

A great weekend

So I was over in Diamond Bar Friday evening for Widster's party and then the entire gang proceeded to Anaheim for some family mayhem...and how!

Friday: AM to PM was a chaotic time with lot of work on my report still to get done though I had spent the better part of the night getting it in shape. Had to miss the Clin Pharm lecture for that.
Got into the term sheet negotiation...and that was a bitch!
Vic can be a nut case...but Friday was ridiculous. Not only had the gang come unprepared they had no specific position they were defending. Everything was because "I think so".
So we ended up giving them equity but getting a stranglehold on control. Not sure I liked the company at all...but what the heck!
Ran over home to prep...got into my (by now) favorite silk shirt and jacket. Got my bag ready. Archu maushi's billing guy, Venkat gave me a ride after what seemed an entire eternity. Officer killing delayed proceedings for some time. And it was already 8:00 pm for a party beginning 7:30pm. I'm usually not late...but really cant help it when I have no control over the proceedings whatsoever.
The party was fun cuz of the cousin gang. The guests might just be restrained...but there was an element of (how should I put it) formality. Quite unlike the New Years party, which had no pretenses...most everybody was their real self.
Needless to say, after 31st Dec memories I did not dance...the Diamond Bar residents and Archu maushi's friends dont know they were saved by an act of omission.
We stayed up late that night...all of us and had a great time chatting up and basically being 10 yrs old...which, incidentally, is my mental age when I'm with my younger cousins.

Sat: Kinda did not dawn as early and bright as I would have liked it. Got up kinda late but there was good food to be had with pots of incredible tea and you know thats what an ideal Saturday morning is like.
General messing around followed the food.
Ro wanted to go to Sandigo...we held back cuz it was our good maushi n kaka's 19th wedding anniversary. That evening promised to be sad cuz the gang decided to go to movies and I dont really like going to movies unless something exceptional is showing (which it want).
Luckily, they decided to change the plan to go for a long walk...and so we did. A nice 3-4 mile long walk! I moved around initially with the cousin gang talking up bull and then with the maushi gang listening to them talk about some of the maushis and our trip back in Inde (note: none of it was malicious).
Back from the walk, got read yto go for din din...its a wonder what a long walk can do to your appetite. Went to Benihana...my first experience with Hibachi or Teppan yaki style cooking. It was interesting for sure. Big Ro piled onto my Saporro (as expected). Came back to another late night...slept at 3 am only to wake up 7:30 am. Got packed and left for Claremont by 9:30 or 10 am. Oh ya, gotta mention the breakfast...I had possibly one of the best omlettes I had ever had. It was simply incredible!
Today was a down day...just chilling and finished the report by 1 am and sent it out.
Tomorrow, will be the beginning of another interesting week.

2 comments:

28112 said...

seems u did have a relaxing weekend...

yatzgad said...

seems you didnt do very badly either. :)
Ain't seen you online...taken e-sanyaas?