Sunday, May 06, 2007

Dizzying speed of life

Takeaway for this post:
Time flies!
As simple as that. On May 15th I'd like to do a quick dekko at the year as it was. But the essence is that time flies.
I have realized that if your work day spans from 9 am to 10 pm, your life is going to speed by in a burst of light and fury, signifying nothing.
But having said that, I have learnt a huge lot on the job. I also learnt that if you can't talk from experience to relationships, restaurants and fun spots, you are going to be pretty much lost in a casual discussion with work peers.
I realized this more recently when we had a party in a fancy lil place with expensive drinks and hot waitresses in small black numbers, and I preferred to stay back in office and finish work.
Some would call it sad, but I just cannot identify with discussion that centers a fair bit around basketball, football, spouses and LA hotspots. I have no interest in any of these things, neither am I able to feign such interest. Sad. Cuz the bunch of guys in my office are really nice folks.

No comments: