Sunday, December 24, 2006

The quarter that was- prelude

As per a fairly new start I do quarterly analyses of where my long term plan is headed. A long term plan that should, really, be updated, renewed, refreshed every year.
When I was out job hunting I had to dwell on the constant question : What is your long term plan?
I feel I have at least a blurry vision of that long term plan. If it works, I'd be a visionary. If not, I'd be the bright kid o the block that didn't quite deliver.
Before, I digress widely, the time is here in a few days when I do some introspecting on the quarter that was, assess developmental needs, set goals and prioritize for the quarter and year to come.
But I have a feeling this year is going to come off as a winner.
The last quarter has zoomed by in a blur of late nights in the office working and some weekends spent having some cool fun.

I never did this kind of analysis...the more laidback folks would think this is stretching a good thing a tad bit too much. But I have come to see someone's point of view. Life span is finite and the years of strength and vigor more so. These are the years that make us or break us. If we don't optimize their use it's as good (or bad) as a lifetime lost.
Sure, most folks do SOME informal analysis after a few pegs: What the f%$k am I doing with my life? Where is all this leading to?
But this is not half as good as doing it on paper...and possibly with a live person who can act as a sounding board.

No comments: